While Heather was resting trying to fight on a sickness, I decided at about 10:45 that it would be a good idea to hook up the clutch. Hah! I ran the front hydraulic line (the one with multiple bends) first and then ran the last piece to the rear once that was in place. I also had to bolt the slave cylinder in place as well as connect up its short line + flex hose.
Once all this was connected (took a lot longer than it took to write about!) I temporarily hooked up a master cylinder from the ’70 bus brake system and added some brake fluid. I pumped and pumped with the rear bleeder open not expecting anything to really happen (figured the master was going to be a butt and need manual bleeding). Nope! Next thing I know there is brake fluid pissing from the transmission area. Yay! Closed the bleeder and did a few purges of air using a stick in place of a helper. Have decent pedal and may need to do more bleeding but at least it is operating!
Exciting progress as installing a hydraulic clutch master/slave combo into a baywindow is…a bit of a challenge.
Thanks for checking in!